Sunday, July 5, 2009

Awaiting True Love

Spent several hours, a T-shirt specially designed for the upcoming event in August, namely Relax Camp Season 2 by Methodist Intermediate Fellowship of Pantai Remis Chinese Methodist Church (link) has eventually made its way out. (Hooray! Let's give it a rapturous welcome!)

I still can't seem to get my failure, which happened last year, in relation to this, out of my mind. My paper design for last year's event was perfect but the output'd the oppsite effect. I felt indeed wretched about the way things had turned out. Perhaps constraint on spending money and time for the release of the design were the direct factors of this mishap.

In this year, I'm reassured that any restriction regarding this has been driven off, so I won't have to be frustrated again.

Let's see what I had had last year:

This is the front view of one of my T-shirt designs last year for the event, which had taken place several days before I departed for Cheras on the last day of June. The output was utterly different from what's in the plan. I felt awkward when was bombarded unceasingly with questions for this hideous T-shirt.

For the reason above, most of the community members (specially set up for this event for this 2nd season) had requested a T-shirt designing contest as to have more choices for the better T-shirt. Though it's brought out with a somewhat sarcastic twist, it's still acceptably fair for everyone, and a lot more significant for discovering the hidden talents of the other members.

Anyhow, I thank god for this year's design. It wouldn't have happened so smoothly if no blessing's given to me. Tada!

This is another major breakthrough of mine. The front and the back parts of the T-shirt are put together to give a rough idea about how it will appear when it's put on. There're in fact two curvy motifs joining together to give a heart shape, in conformity with this year's theme:

Awaiting True Love
真爱要等待


Front view of the design. I fancy the front view, particularly the curvy motif.
It's streaked yellow-white gradient to make it sparkle in the black.


Back view of the design, the date of the event's well-written there.
I just pray that I won't have to change anything hereafter





0 comments: