Wednesday, December 31, 2008

An Unexpected Adjournment to Sunway Pyramid 예기치 않은Sunway여행

‘Access: Limited Connectivity’
‘Connecting to the network is taking longer than usual’
‘The computer is connected to the network but does not…’
All these galling error messages popping out when using one of PCs in the computer lab, which basically has a port connected to a printer, drove me nuts this morning. The slow-responding network connection really exasperated me as I just simply wished to download a doc. file stored in my Yahoo Mailbox, of a size not more than 2 MB from my Yahoo Mailbox, and to print the 23-page document out.

In actual fact, I already knew that this sort of thing would happen before using it for the aforementioned purpose. In order for hindering plagiarisms among her students as one of the university’s stringent rule or policy or whatever it is called, the university discourages her students to print out the entire articles of others directly from the net, by deliberately setting the access of the PCs connected to the printers in the lab to a limited one.

I forgot to bring along Silicon-Power carrying the document that I wished to have a hardcopy of. This was the plan at the beginning. And, this was the real issue. Should I get my own blames?

‘Download is progressing steadily’
‘45 % downloaded’
‘0 kb/sec’

It was really progressing steadily. I could see that. 0kb/sec and the network icon in the taskbar did not seem to be animated.

The connection was dead.

‘Logging off’ was the last appearing on the monitor. I left.

At about 7.30 p.m. after my dinner, which had been a very despondent one, my uncle called.

“…, hey, are you okay to have your lunch in my house tomorrow noon?”

I murmured something, which I did not think a normal man would understand. I thought I was saying it musingly.

“Huh? Louder please, I am driving…”
“Sorry, uncle, what is that?”
“Can or not, have lunch in my house tomorrow noon, I had returned back to KL with your mum’s cooking and something for you too… from your mum”

I remained silent briefly for five seconds and I said.

“I suppose I can go to your place tomorrow with ease coz the bus service is available. As for the return one, I am afraid it could be a little bit troublesome since the bus service for Saturday is only available till one noon.” I finished my last sentence with a trembling voice.

“Oh, that’s not an issue. I am free tomorrow. So see ya tomorrow. Hey... What time you will reach?”
“I will set out at ‘bout 11 a.m.”

He interrupted. “I said lunch, not that earlier”.
“Oh yea, I spent about two hours to reach your house…”
A second interruption, a very loud one, from another side of the phone: “Yea, I remember, see you then”.

At twelve prompt at noon,
“Open the gates! I don’t want myself to be sunned for so long!” I ordered impatiently my cousins to open the automatic gates for me.

It was a hazily noon. I heard something from my cousins: “He is here, mum!”
And the gate opened, I walked in, preparing myself for necessary greetings.

“Are you in a hurry going back?”
“Your mum brought something for you.”
“Are you hungry? You might need to wait for a while for lunch to be ready.”

“It is okay” and “I am not, take your time”
“If that is it, then I will bring you back to your apartment, probably a little bit late as I will have to fetch mother in law later, who is in Cheras now then.”

“Okey-doke, I am okay with that” Usually, I didn’t speak more, especially in certain circumstances, which I think I would trouble others.

He yawned and asked for a short nap. Before that, he made sure the three cousins of mine did what they should. He reprimanded them for several times for lots of things remained messy. My aunt was busy with her dishes, but occasionally, she added in some rebuking words.
Naturally, I was having an awkward feeling at this sort of moment. I just kept quiet.

I waited on the settee, reading freshly-brought book by James Herbert.
My uncle had done his sleeping and I heard he mumbled something to himself in the kitchen, something about going to Sunway Pyramid.
I was of course not the only one getting what he had murmured, but also my aunt and the three playful cousins.

Vaguely, I heard my aunt said ‘Your eldest boy needs to have some books from Popular, school is going to start…,” “I don’t think Sunway’s got Popular, I need to go somewhere with Popular…” An endless argument soon started between my uncle and my aunt about the existence of the bookstore in the megamall. It did not last long, unexpectedly, for only 5 minutes. It usually happened for a whole evening or a whole day. I know it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * *
“Who wants to follow me? I am going to buy tickets for tomorrow’s, anyone?” my uncle always loves to ask such question when he’s going elsewhere.
“I will follow the aunt and him for books.” I said, coldly.

I knew he didn’t listen. He was busy asking one of my cousins when I answered. He always does this and my aunt has always reminded him to stop for listening. I had got used to this since I was ten years old, sometimes what he does are really amusing. ^..^

“We shall not remember to have the yummiest thing in this world, the snow (a cup of flavored snowy hors d'oeuvre) after the book-shopping, okay?” He repeated again and again about how good the snowy thing is and how is the feeling that we would soon have when the snowy things melt on our tongue. He was always greedy for food. My aunt described him this way.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * *







I need to stop now. =..=” (It's a bit exceedingly long)
I feel like going to write out a story about the whole trip if I continue.
After all, this trip was really an unexpected one. At first, I just wished to get my things from them. And, at last what I got: the special dinner-experience I had never had before: superb肉骨茶 in Subang. I was having it with great relish and gratitude as well. Thank God for the good family members I am having and the good times I am always having with them.

0 comments: