Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Charm

The words 'charm' and 'charming' always remind me of the 'Prince Charming - Prince Edward' in the Enchanted - A Disney's fantasy-musical film. But today, at this moment when there is a drizzling rain outside, I have a new perception of the word 'charm'.

I should have apprehended it earlier.

Some people have inborn charms - with attractive physical appearance, while some people have inherent charms. 'Inborn' and 'inherent' may mean the same, in some sense, but to me, it is different cos some inborn charms just can't last long and they fade with time.

I wish to have the charms regardless of which type, to be honest. The power of arousing admiration has just been unfairly given one owning it a lot of chances. And, it would just be agreeable to most of the beings on this Earth when a charming person has made a mistake.

Lacking that small bit of charm would have the opposite effect. It's just unreasonably hard to get an opportunity even you have spared all of your efforts in getting it. To the unfortunates who are just lacking this charisma to enchant the people around him or her, don't you ever have an idea that why the world is just treating you differently from other and why's there a discrepancy between you and your 'opponent'? These thoughts will just make you an object of ridicule and bereft of hope.

THINK DIFFERENTLY, I'm saying this to myself.

P/S: This post is not meant to be written in an ironical manner. I apologize if you're a charismatic charm and you're somewhat uncomfortable with it.


0 comments: