Saturday, August 14, 2010

Like or No Like

This post is designated as a random one. I just don't like to waste my time on waiting so I make my mind to update my blog. The rest of my family are busy getting ready for my grand-grandma's birthday feast (which will happen 15 mins later and I'm eagerly waiting for it :P).

A minute before this, I signed into my Facebook and glanced through the posts in the 'most recent'. I happened to see some comments by someones whom I think are indescribably superficial (cos they posted that) and couldn't really understand why did they do that. I could barely guess what are their true intentions but I didn't dare to generalize cos don't really wanna get into the trouble of offending some beings with politically correct attitudes.

Getting a bit disturbed, I clicked on 'Profile' on the top and saw what I had done yesterday. My action, to me, was kinda stupid but it seemed to be a considerably suitable way to express my feelings towards certain things that happen around me.

I realized that I had liked a statement by Like or No Like' (A Facebook application though it doesn't appear to be one), i.e. 'Just because i liked your status doesn't mean i like you :P'. And I was reminded by the comments of the reason why I did that.

Let's have an example to make my reason sound more concrete.
A few days ago, I came across with a status post like below:

If you believe in Jesus Christ, don't ignore this because The Bible says: If you deny him, He will deny you in front of His Father in the Gates of Heaven. If you love God and you are not ashamed of it, copy this and put it on your wall. I ♥ Jesus forever!


Obviously, I love Jesus and inherently, I will give away my 'likes' to everyone that has posted it. But, in the meantime, I could see there's a problem lying in between 'like' or 'no like/unlike'. If this post was by someone you like, clicking the 'like' will certainly need no any consideration. But what should one do if this was posted by someone that has somewhat annoyed you at the moment?

Thanks to a convenience given by 'like or no like'. I don't know who's developed this but it's really solved my problem. Haha, I can like your status or any posts but it doesn't really I like you cos you stink. :D

0 comments: